Friday, September 18, 2009

Side Play

I'm sure Jamey will outblog me later, but I wanted to post a little something the day of opening...

I know all of us have great aspirations. Some of us want to be starring opposite Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the next Best Picture. Some of us want to be working alongside Spielberg on the other side of the camera. There are dreams of late night talk shows, comedy clubs, art openings. And while many of these things are still off in the distance... this is it. Here and now. While it may not be on the biggest stage, each of us is right now accomplishing what we have always dreamt of accomplishing. We are doing what we love to do, surrounded by people experiencing the same, and we are going to make people in our audience laugh, cry, and stare in wonderment.

I know it's easy for people to get hung up on where they're going, and not recognize how amazing the present can be. But this is one of the most amazing presents I have ever known.

Break a leg, everyone. Let's make this a night we'll never forget.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

No comments:

Post a Comment